Enjoying the summer weather boating on the lake is one of the best ways to spend the summer. Boats can provide a lot of fun for the whole family, but it is also important to make sure you and your boat are properly covered with the right boat insurance policy this summer.
While some homeowners insurance policies provide some coverage for your boat, they typically do not provide enough coverage. Homeowners insurance policies put many size and power restrictions on the types of boats they will cover. To make sure your boat is properly covered, it is important to invest in a specific boat insurance policy.
Boat insurance will cover any damage that is done from many different situations, including a fire, storm, theft, or if your boat sinks. Boat insurance will provide coverage for the entire boat, and its contents, including tools, dinghies, trolling motors, and upholstery.
Typical boat liability insurance will cover the payments in the event that your injure someone with your boat or damage another person’s property. It will also pay for the legal fees in the event that you are sued for an accident that you are at fault for. Boat medical payments coverage will cover the costs of someone’s medical fees that are injured while on your boat.
There are many other boat insurance options, including:
- Wreckage removal – will cover the fees associated with removing your boat from the water in the event of a wreck.
- Reasonable repairs – covers any repairs that are done to protect the boat from further damage.
- Emergency service – will cover up to a predetermined amount of costs that result from specified emergency service to your boat.
For the most comprehensive boat, or Jet Ski, insurance coverage in the New Berlin, Wisconsin contact American Advantage – Petersen Group!
Call: 262-432-0789 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Many people do not understand the value of renters insurance, until they need it and do not have it! Here are four scenarios where you would be thankful you decided to purchase renters insurance:
Did you know your personal property is not automatically covered if a fire occurs in your apartment complex? The landlord’s insurance policy will cover the damage to the building itself, but not personal belongings. Renters insurance will cover items such as clothing, furniture, and electronics in the event of a loss.
If you or your pet cause someone to be hurt on your premises, you may be liable for their injury. Renters insurance includes liability which will help to protect you by paying in the event you are sued.
Auto insurance generally will not cover the loss if someone breaks into your vehicle and steals valuables, but renters insurance will. Renters insurance insures personal belongings in a vehicle the same way it does in an apartment.
Damage to other’s property
Imagine, water is left on in your apartment and leaks into the apartment below and causes damage to their furniture. If you are found to be liable for the damage, renters insurance may help pay for it.
American Advantage – Petersen Group is a local independent insurance agency, helping to protect family’s stories since 1974. As an independent agency, we partner with multiple insurance companies to secure the right renters insurance coverage for you at a competitive price.
Call: 262-432-0789 Email: email@example.com
When it comes to making a list of priorities, purchasing life insurance generally isn’t included. Most of us don’t plan on needing life insurance anytime soon, so purchasing it isn’t a priority. There are many advantages to purchasing coverage now. Here are common reasons why life insurance isn’t purchased sooner, and why you should re-think them:
- I don’t need it right now
Certain policies purchased at a young age can help to fund retirement. On the other hand, if you are already retired, a policy can help leave your legacy.
- It is too expensive
Most of the time, the cost of life insurance is overestimated. Purchasing coverage at a young age can help to lock in a lower cost.
- I will find it cheaper
As you age, the likelihood that you will develop an illness increases and that will affect your insurablilty. Life insurance rates are generally lower the better your health is.
- I don’t want to think about death
Think about life insurance in a different light, think about those you care about. A death benefit can help to protect their financial future and stability.
- It is overwhelming
An insurance agent will help understand your needs and provide options. They will save you time by guiding you through the process.
American Advantage – Petersen Group is a local independent insurance agency, helping to protect family’s stories since 1974. As an independent agency, we partner with multiple insurance companies to secure the right coverage at a competitive price.
September is life insurance awareness month. Life insurance is one of the most important insurance policies to have especially if you have any number of dependents that rely on you and your income. A life insurance policy is meant to provide financial protection for your loved ones once you are gone. If you are a single parent, life insurance is vital to ensure that your child or children are taken care of after your passing.
When deciding on the right amount of coverage to get with your life insurance policy, there are many factors to consider, including:
- At the very least, make sure to get enough life insurance to provide coverage for three years’ worth of your income. The payout of your life insurance policy can help to cover everything from childcare costs when your child or children are young, to their college education later in life. It can also help to cover the cost of your funeral to ensure that your loved ones will not be financially strained and can give you the funeral you deserve
- If the other parent is in the picture, make sure to ask about their life insurance coverage, even if they are not paying child support.
- Choose a guardian for your children in case you pass away while they are still under 18. Make sure to choose a guardian that understands the financial and legal responsibilities of being one.
- Work with a legal professional to help draft your will. Any of your verbal wishes do not have any legal standing after your passing.
For all of your Wisconsin life insurance coverage needs as a single parent and to ensure that your children will be well taken care of after you are gone, contact American Advantage – Petersen Group in New Berlin, Wisconsin. We can help you find the right amount of coverage, all at the right price to fit your budget.
It’s no secret that there are many options when it comes to getting insurance coverage. From large national providers to your local agent, what really is the best option when it comes to insurance?
Besides purchasing insurance online or from a 1-800 company, the two types of insurance agents that you typically hear of are captive insurance agents and independent insurance agents. So, what is the difference? A captive agent represents only one insurance company, while on the other hand, an independent agent brokers through many companies. One company can typically not meet all of a family’s insurance needs. With an independent agent virtually anything can be insured, regardless of the cost, uniqueness, or driving record.
Since captive insurance agents only represent one company, there is no option to switch from within if your insurance needs change beyond their means or if there is a drastic change in price. Working with an independent agent provides the option to shop through multiple companies to maintain the correct coverage at a competitive price. Since an independent agent does not have to sell and support only one company it ensures that their advice is objective and unbiased.
Having your agent in your corner when a loss occurs makes the difficult process a little bit smoother. If an issue occurs with a claim, an independent agent will go to bat with an adjuster if needed, because they do not work for the insurance company, they work for their client. Typically, a captive agent works for the same company the claims adjuster does and are exclusive to that company.
Policy service through a captive agent will generally come from a call center. Working with an independent agent the policy service is from the same individual coverage was purchased from, or a personal account manager.
An independent agent has the ability to provide the correct coverage, a competitive price, and access to many insurance companies while creating meaningful relationships with clients.
Do you want to have your insurance agent on your side? American Advantage – Petersen Group is a local New Berlin, Wisconsin independent insurance agency, helping to protect family’s stories since 1974. As an independent agency, we partner with multiple insurance companies to secure the right coverage at a competitive price.
“Shopping for insurance is fun!”….said no one, ever! Let’s face it, insurance is complicated. From all of the different companies and coverage options, how can you be sure that what you have, is what you need? If you find yourself wondering this, that is where an independent insurance agent like those of American Advantage – Petersen Group in New Berlin, Wisconsin can help you out!
Here are the top 4 reasons to work with an independent insurance agent:
- Unbiased Advice: Unlike agents who represent a single carrier, independent agents represent multiple insurance companies and offer unbiased advice on the best insurance options for your needs.
- Trusted Adviser: Insurance is an extremely complex topic. Independent agents simplify the insurance process, giving you peace of mind and the freedom to focus on the things that matter the most to you!
- Choices: Independent Insurance Agents like American Advantage Petersen – Group do not work an insurance company, they work for you! As an independent agency, they partner with financially sound and reputable insurance companies to secure the right coverage at a competitive rate.
- Claims: Independent insurance agents are there for you far beyond the sale. In the event of a loss, they are there to walk you through and ensure the process is as smooth and painless as possible, even if that means going to bat with a claims adjuster!
Want to work with an insurance agent who puts your family’s needs first? Contact the insurance professionals at American Advantage – Petersen Group in New Berlin, Wisconsin today!